I got done with a client earlier today and could hear Jace yelling my name. I went down the hall to find that he had locked himself in his room. A few months ago we switched his door knob around so we could keep him in his room at nights. (we always unlock it after he falls asleep). So I went in his room and sat on his bed and was helping him put his socks on. I was talking on the phone to my sister in law when all of the sudden I look over to see Jace slamming the door shut. I yelled, “No Jace, Don’t shut it.” Too late. I walked over to the door and turned the knob and of course it was LOCKED, AHHHH!!! So Jace and I are locked in his room and I had only ten minutes before my next client was suppose to arrive. I was thinking, do I just stay here and hope my client walks in and I can yell to her to come let us out?? Well, I felt a little stupid doing that. So I called Ty and told him that we were locked in Jace’s room and he needed to leave work and come let us out!! (I am SOO grateful I had my phone with me). So he made it and I had two minutes to spare before my client got there. I felt pretty stupid about the whole thing!!
Then………Ty actually took Jace back to work with him and I went to pick him up when I was done doing hair. Jace fell asleep in his car seat before we got home so I decided to leave him in it for a while, checking on him every few minutes. I unbuckled him thinking that when he woke up he could just get out of the car and come in the house. So about 45 minutes later I went to check and he was in the front seat crying. I go and get him and I ask him if he needs to go potty. He says, “No, I already went!” well his pants were not wet so I asked, “Where did you go?” “right there on the floor!!” Oh Great!! So my plan did not exactly work as I thought it would. The child safety thing was on so he couldn’t open the door!!! Oops, sometimes I’m such a dork!! Oh well, I’ll know better next time!!
Sunshine
1 year ago
I am so glad you had your phone too! Where was your baby? Glad he wasn't roaming unattended through your house!:) Kids sure keep you on your toes don't they!
ReplyDeleteHa ha ha ha! That is sooo funny!
ReplyDeleteHI Girly! After reading this I decided I am not ready for Hayden to get older. I can so see this happening to me. HOW CRAZY! Glad eevrything ended up not too bad. I also hope your luck turns around. How old is your youngest boy? Hayden turns one April 19th! I am getting so excited for his party this saturday.
ReplyDeleteWe should do a play date some time. I watch kids at the house so I am always home. We would probly have to do it at my house. Let me know what you think. Have a good week!