September 01, 2009

Elephant Blank

We took Jace’s binki away when he was around two. It was quickly replaced with what is known as, his “Elephant Blank”. I got it for my shower, and little did I know that it would become Jace’s little attachment!
He loves this thing. He has to have it for every nap, and at bedtime. I feel like sometimes I spend half the day looking for Mr. Elephant Blank. Every morning when he wakes up he greets me at his door with his blanket all wadded up in a ball in his little arms. Usually chewing on a chunk of it.
He absolutely refuses to let me wash it. I have to be Very sneaky when doing so. If he wakes up and his sheets are wet, he will tell me that I need to wash his blankets. When I try to grab his elephant blank he says, “No this one’s Not dirty!!” One time he caught me switching it from the washer to the dryer and needless to say he won the battle and walked around cuddling a wet blanket for the rest of the afternoon. He is so protective of it. We have been really trying to work on him as far as sharing things, but this is one thing he WILL NOT share. Not even with his little brother.
In all I’m glad that he has something that he finds comfort in. I don’t know how long it will last, but as for now I think it is adorable.


No comments:

Post a Comment