September 01, 2009

My Wake up call

So everyone has their “way that works” for them as far as putting their kids down. Well, what works for us is… Putting Foil over Jace’s window and shutting the blinds so it is as dark as possible in there, Locking him in his room so he can’t open the door and get out, turning on music on his CD player and turning a fan on so it drowns out all surrounding noise. This is our regular routine and it works well. So lately he’s been figuring out that you sleep when it’s dark outside and are awake when it’s light. Most mornings around 8:00 I will hear him get up, lift up his blinds, peel away a little piece of foil to see if it’s light outside. Within a few seconds I hear a, BANG BANG BANG, on his door. Seriously it’s so loud, it makes me jump almost every time even though I know it’s coming. When I go to his door to let him out he says, “MOM, IT’S NOT DARK AGAIN” in the most high pitched exciting voice you’ll ever hear! It makes my little guy so happy. Naps on the other hand, not so good. He argues and argues with me because, “It’s not dark again mommy” so he thinks that he shouldn’t be going to bed. It’s a battle every day, but guess who wins…..I Do!!!

3 comments:

  1. I think it's so cute when he says that at your mom's house when I'm there and it's time for his nap. He's so freakin adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love reading your blog. Jace is soooo stinkin cute and he does some cute things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The things we do as parents, just to get our kids to go to bed! So funny, cuz we do some similar things, minus the foil and add ocean rain sounds with the fan! Jace is so cute, love the pics!

    ReplyDelete