September 14, 2009

A lesson in, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

So I got some hair extensions about a month ago and I have been absolutely Loving them!! I'm in the process of trying to grow my hair out right now and it is at that ugly medium length so these have been the perfect solution.
BEFORE

AFTER


When I got them I dyed my hair and the extensions all the same color so it would match perfectly, which they did. Well I fealt like the top of my hair was looking a little light and had kinda a redish tone to it. I decided to slap some color on the roots to even it all out.....OOPS!!! I used a different solution than I normally use and needless to say, it turned my Roots (about half way down my head) BLACK!! I had black roots with brown ends, NOT CUTE!! I was so mad I didn't even get a picture of it. So the next day I went to the beauty supply, picked up some color stripper, went home and slapped it on!! After 20 minutes of sitting under the dryer I picked up my hand mirrior to check out the progress. As I looked in the mirror shear panic struck!! I was ORANGE!! What the heck?!?! So I ran to the bathroom to rinse the crap out of my hair, this whole time thinking to myself, WHY didn't I just leave my hair ALONE in the FIRST place?!?!?!


By then it was 5pm, I had a party I was suppose to be at at 7pm and I was standing in my salon with orange hair!! So anyways to make a long story short, I slapped on More color, it turned pretty much black again and I went to my party!! I was so ticked! After a few days of letting it fade it actually matches my extensions really well again. YAY!!! But I sure learned my lesson! Everything doesn't always have to be perfectly perfect!!! If it's good enough.....Just Leave it ALONE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment