January 11, 2010

Jesus Wants Me For A SunBEAM!!

Last week was Jace's first week in Primary. It DID NOT go well. First off he was throwing a fit cause he wanted me to be right by his side. Then when a couple of the kids got up to give the talk and Prayer, he started throwing a fit because he wanted to go up and talk in the microphone!! He kept getting off his chair and trying to sneek up there. I would grab him and sit him back on the chair and he would yell, "OW MOM, stop hurting me." I was just sitting there, trying to hold him on his chair and hold back the tears that were welling up in my eyes. All I could think was, great, I have the naughty, abnoxious kid. I sat with him all during class as well. When we got home we had a serious talk and he wasn't allowed to play with any of his toys for the rest of the day. we get out of church at 11:00am, it was kinda a long day!!
Since I'm the primary secretary I assign the talks and prayers. I decided to have Jace give the prayer and scripture this week since he was so anxious last week to get up on the stand. I had Ty help him with it. He was so stinkin cute, he repeated everything perfectly after Ty, and he had a huge smile on his face the whole time, as did his proud mamma!!! Ty did have to sit with him through sharing time and class, but it was definently a HUGE improvement from the week before!! Hopefully we can keep heading in that direction, and he will be able to conquer it himself in no time!!!

4 comments:

  1. aw, poor kid! don't worry though Justin just started primary as well and the first week he didn't do very well, but he did better yesterday... hopefully it keeps getting better! Funny tidbit though... I am also the primary secretary!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That has got be hard to go from fun in nursery to sitting in primary...I can't even imagine Carson sitting there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know you were in primary now! I loved being in primary with my kids...except the sundays when they would hang on my leg or pick their nose infront of everyone or be "the naughty kid!" I am sure it will just keep getting better and better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I can't believe he's a sunbeam already! He's such a cute little boy.

    ReplyDelete