Well, after two very long, very miserable days, 15 pairs of underwear, 3 loads of bed sheets, constantly being RIGHT by his side, my house going to CRAP, lots of Tears (on my part), and Jace, never ONCE telling me he had to go potty on his own, I'm a little ashamed to admit.....I QUIT!!!!
So I thought it would be nice to get little Jace potty trained before baby # 2 comes, although it was a good thought, it just wasn't happening! I've talked to a lot of people about potty training and one thing that everybody said is, you have to wait until they're ready. So I pretty much came to the conclusion that HE'S DEFINENTLY NOT!! One of the signs of readiness is that they consistently wake up with a dry diaper. He can't even take a 2 hour Nap and wake up dry. So I don't think he has much bladder control yet. I feel very guilty, and like I wasted 2 whole days doing it, but it just wasn't happening. I could go on and on with all the excuses I have for not going through with it, and trust me I called my mom this morning and gave her all of them, trying to justify myself, and I'm happy to say that it made me feel so much better, and lifted a weight off when she also agreed that, he just wasn't ready!!! My Goal now is, before he is 3, which isn't until December. Hopefully he'll be more ready then, and it will be a better experience for both of us!!! Oh yeah, and the crazy part is, is that after all of that, this morning when I got him dressed and put a diaper on him, NOT ONE WORD about it. I thought for sure he would at least SAY SOMETHING about wanting his car underwear,or going pee pee in the potty, but Nope. He was just happier than happy to be back in his diaper. He's such a stinker, but what can I say, I love the kid to death!!!
WELL.....BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME!!!!
He was so excited to throw away all of his diapers, and hop into big boy underwear. Of course I got them right back out as soon as he wasn't looking, I wasn't about to throw away all those good diapers.
I thought he looked so cute in his undies. He looked like such a big boy!!
Oh Tanille, I am so sorry! I bet that was so miserable! Potty training scares me....today I let Carson run around for a little bit after his bath without a diaper. Well I got talking to Zac on the phone for a few minutes...went over to check on Carson and he had pooped on the floor! It was so gross and that was only one time...I bet you had much worse that past two days
ReplyDeleteOk so I laughed! I am in the same boat you are. We tried everything last week. Morg is REALLY good about telling me that she needs to go potty but it's the pooping thing. We did so good last thursday and on friday when I picked her up from daycare she was sitting in poopy panties. I was LIVID! I got to be the one to go home and clean all her clothes and everywhere else she got and the daycare was like... ummm I am sorry. HELLO where were they when this happened. Not sure how long she got to sit in it..... I gave up. We still ask her. We bought her some bubbles and coloring books. she keeps asking for them... and I tell her she can't have them until she goes #2 on the potty. I am not giving in. Hang in there! I just wish some miracle would happen. Ha RIGHT!
ReplyDeleteTanille I think the best advice has already been given....wait until they're ready!!! With Kylie I really pushed and she had many accidents, then my sister told me she'd do it when she was ready. So, when Bailey turned two I just asked her every morning if she wanted panties or a diaper. She finally said panties (about two months later) one morning and it was done. She wanted it to happen and it did. I tried the same thing with Madi and had the same response. Good luck with it though, I've never had a boy and hear they are different???? And just hang in there, eventually he'll want to do it too!!!
ReplyDeleteTanille, I totally am having the same experience! I wanted to get Tanner trained too before the baby came,but no such luck! We have tried everything and bribed him with everything, but he is too stubborn. He is not ready either. The thing that frustrates me is I know when he is going in his diaper. I always ask him, but he says no thank you! At least he has some manners! He will be 3 in September so that is my goal too! We will be in it together! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteTanille - it took 3 tries with Rhett and we still had a struggle. I put his little butt back in diapers many times and he was like Jace - almost relieved I think. I got to the point where I didn't care if he went to kindergarten in a diaper I was not cleaning up potty training mess again.:) Don't feel one bit bad for giving up, he will get it eventually.
ReplyDeleteI am impressed you even had it in you to try while preggers and all. Potty training boys is tough. It took me forever with Caden. I would definately wait til he is a little closer to 3. He looks so grown up in his big boy underwear, too cute!
ReplyDeleteYou are such a great mom, that would be so hard. I am not looking forward to potty training Jake, I am sure he will be ready soon!
ReplyDelete